Thursday, July 10, 2008

Holy Cow--The Ultimate!

Here's "the cookie" after the dough has chilled for 24 hours.  This might quite possibly be the best looking cookie I've ever made.  I haven't tasted it yet, because I just love going and looking at it.  This time I actually baked three of them.  All perfectly round and all the same size.  They look like perfection.  I baked one this morning when the dough was chilled for about 20 hours and it was delicious--the mere 1/4 of it I tasted.  I really want to break into one of these others, but am waiting for my husband to get home so he can see.  Pure beauties!  (See my last post for a link to this amazing recipe.)  I salted the one in the middle as the recipe suggests, but have a feeling they are just perfect without the salt. 

DSCF7578

DSCF7575

Kevin got home just as I was posting this blog.  I had him hurry and look at the cookies, broke one apart, TASTED IT, of course, and took a few more pictures.  Now seriously, it hasn't been all that long since I was at a Jacques Torres store in NYC and had me one of his bad boys and I have to say, these taste THE SAME.  SO GOOD!

DSCF7587

DSCF7592

7 comments:

Tiffany Winters said...

They really looked so good when I came today. I would have never thought to chill it for so long. Good tip.

Unknown said...

Holy cow indeed! I am having serious chocolate issues right now, and that cookie is calling my name! Looks delish.

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Wow Katrina! You're right, they are real beauties. Great pictures as well. I'll do them next week because I think I'll be able to find chocolate disks in the bigger supermarquet I go on weekends.
Can't wait!

test it comm said...

Those cookies look so good!

Sue said...

Your cookies are absolutely GORGEOUS!! I've been following this saga on your blog, Anna's Cookie Madness blog, and the King Arthur Baker's Banter blog. I've truly enjoyed reading everyone's input. I'm going to mix up a bowl of these for my guys, even though I can't eat them myself. :-( I will enjoy the aroma though!! :-)

Joe said...

Man, how can you resist a cookie that looks like that!

Cakebrain said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I just love how these JT cookies look! awesome! I also read the article but haven't had the time to make them yet. I'm so glad you did. If they taste as good as they look...they'll be fantastic. They look perfect! Great blog!