Saturday, October 18, 2008

Raspberries A Plenty--What Would You Do? And More HBE Cookies!

Look at what I bought yesterday! (Pardon the blurry picture!)

DSCF9664

I bought 60 ounces of raspberries!  They were on sale for $1.00 each!  I couldn't resist.  They are never that good of a price.  They were at our Kroger grocery store called Dillons.  Thank you, Dillons.  The are delicious.  We are all enjoying them.  Many will say, "Ooh, what delicious thing/things did you make with them?"  And I'll have to tell you--nothing.  We are eating them all fresh.  That really is the best way to eat raspberries, if you ask me.  The boys love them and I love them even more.  I have been enjoying them on oatmeal, in salads--love them in salad with fresh spinach, some other veggies and balsamic vinegar!  Love it!  I cut up a fresh pineapple, some grapes and apples today and put raspberries in it.  The boys loved it!  I love that they are such a healthy, wonderful, tasty snack/meal/treat!  T minus 30 ounces and counting to go!  They are holding up well, I'll have to see if some need to be frozen tomorrow, but if I gave each of the boys their own container and told them to eat these, they'd have no problem--we may have some potty issues, but we won't go there!

Cookies, cookies, cookies!

I made Anna's Hard Boiled Egg Double Chocolate Cookies that go along with the Amazing Hard Boiled Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies, Anna (Cookie Madness), Rita (Clumbsy Cookie) and I had fun creating last week.  Anna went to work coming up with a great recipe for a double chocolate cookie that is just as delicious as the chocolate chip and oatmeal one we've done.  I'm telling you, these cookies are SO good.  You can get the recipe for the double chocolate cookie on the link to Anna's blog above.  You could play with all kinds of mix-ins with these.  Again, it is a small recipe so you can make it and try it and see what you think.  I made two 4 oz. cookie and two 2 oz. cookies.  In half I put some chopped up Hershey's milk chocolate bar with almonds and some chopped toasted almonds.  In the other half I added some semi-sweet chocolate chips.  The cookies are slightly crumbly, but fudgy and chocolaty inside.  Such a fun, big, fat cookie!

DSCF9677

DSCF9681

DSCF9692

And then, I took one of the big Amazing Chocolate Chip Hard Boiled Egg Cookies that I'd made earlier in the week out of the freezer, because Anna swears there is just something about the freezing and thawing that makes them even better and I just have to tell you, there is!  This cookie is SO good.  Have I said that before?  Oh well.  Go make yourself a small batch and try them, you'll see.  (If you can wait long enough to freeze and thaw the cookie--do it, if not, it's still darn tootin' good fresh!)

DSCF9696

After it had thawed for a short time at room temperature, I nuked it in the microwave for 20 seconds to get the melty chocolate.

I had also wanted to try the Amazing HBE Oatmeal Cookie using whole wheat flour, so I did.  The cookie is still just as good.  I don't know why, but of these variations of cookie, using the hard boiled egg, the oatmeal walnut raisin is my favorite--strange coming from a chocolate girl like myself!  I followed the recipe as I posted it here, except instead of all purpose flour, I used whole wheat pastry flour (regular whole wheat flour would work, too) and I added about 2 tablespoons of extra oats--just because I wanted to!  With part of the small batch, I separated the dough and added walnuts and raisins (each of the three cookies are 2 oz.) and with two cookies, I added semi-sweet chocolate chips, because a chocolate chip oatmeal cookie is good, too!

DSCF9684

DSCF9687

I'm really glad I went jogging four miles this morning! ;)

Go check your Kroger grocery store for raspberries--they are yummy and may not last for long at that price!

13 comments:

Pamela said...

Wow! I'm really impressed with the price of those berries! What a steal. And those cookies look incredible. I really do want to try them, but I am trying to be really good on WW right now. The double chocolate looks DIVINE!

Tami said...

How I wish that I would find a deal on berries like that! You're so lucky!!

The cookies look delicious!

Becky said...

I'm sold! Those cookies look darn tootin' good. fI'm past the hard boiled egg part, they just keep calling my name!

That also cracks me up that we both used that phrase. Well what else should a non swearing gal say. One day at a primary pres meeting I said we were trying to stop using the "f" word, they all gasped I said "fart ladies, fart, not the real one!"

Clumbsy Cookie said...

I also want raspberries at $1!!! Great finding! I like eating them fresh too!
Oh boy I have to try that chocolate AHBEC! That cross section is really calling my name!
I knew that oatmeal one would work with whole wheat as well! Glad you tried it! And I had allready though about adding some chocolate. Really we have to stop thinking at the same time, ahahahah! Any chance we are twins separated at birth?
By the way I finally posted my oatmeal one today!

Judy said...

I can't believe how cheap raspberries have been this year. I'm getting them for $1.50/each and have my freezer full. They get moldy so quickly, I don't like to keep them in the fridge. The cookies look awesome and I will get to them. You know how slow I am. And, BTW, I finally remade the pumpkin banana zucchini muffins. This time they turned out great. The revised recipe won't post till Tuesday on my blog though. I'm a little behind.

Leslie said...

Crazy cheap berries!!!!
Ok..I sooo have to try these cookies! The egg is very interesting!
Thanks for your comment on my upcoming TV spot. I am going to try to figure out how to get it up on my site!

Darius T. Williams said...

Those are a lotta berries - and why do I have a craving for a homemade chocolate chip cookie now? Hmmm - everytime I come here you do something to me - lol.

-DTW
www.everydaycookin.blogspot.com

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

I wish I could get raspberries at that price. Great cookie pictures.

Lisa magicsprinkles said...

I have goosebumps from looking at those cookies. The double chocolate chip ones sold me. I'll be making these this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Okay. First off, your fudge cookies look better than mine. Nice photo! Also, I'm glad you agree with me about the freezing and thawing texture change and that it's not my imagination.

Oh, btw. I will never, ever get raspberries at that price unless I move.

yanmaneee said...

converse shoes
adidas tubular
yeezy boost
nike shox for women
fitflop sale
michael kors outlet handbags
hermes
adidas yeezy
kd shoes
christian louboutin outlet

boleau said...

click for source reference his comment is here page visit this site right here look at this website

thashiez said...

g1m64h2t13 r9w40j6j42 z7o99q4n50 i5a45n7h10 k3l41p1x81 r0d34p3f45